Scent of a new car by Opel
"Scent of a new car" campaign, winner at Direct Response & Lead Generation Category, IABMIXX AWARDS 2014.
Ideate, design and develop a digital campaign that will generate strong sale leads on the Romanian market for Opel Cars (Astra, Corsa, and Insignia). In short, our challenge was to get the key people to the showroom and test-drive the Opel models.
The strategy of the campaign was to make second-hand car buyers reconsider the benefits of new car. Our first objective was to generate test-drives with Opel cars. As a second goal we needed to fight negative experiences, indecision and laziness.
• Who? - We focused on car owners who craved at a new car, but who would not get out of their comfort zone too soon. They like to look, admire, day-dream, but it was difficult to get them actually do something, visit a showroom or apply for a test-drive.
• Consumer Insight: The thing that all car owners love, regardless of type, model or manufacturing date, is the smell of a new car: it ranks among top 3 key things owners would like to keep in their cars for as long as possible. (Cristian Manafu was saying in a blog post: “Imi place mirosul unei masini noi. Imi place mirosul unei camere de hotel bune. Imi place mirosul ziarelor si revistelor.” (I like the smell of a new car. I like the smell of a good hotel room. I like the smell of newspapers and magazines) - bit.ly/Mqq7uA
• Where? - Relevant leads from specific geo-locations were selected from the subscribed users
• How? – If our target was too passive to actually go to an Opel showroom, our Opel dealers brought the cars to them: we visited SH car owners with new Opel models at home and at their working place.
• When? – The campaign has run during July – September 2013
• Memorable - Potential buyers did not expect to get the Opel showroom at their house. Brand love at very high level
• Unique - The activity itself was a new way to interact with the Opel brand.
• Large impact - The key persons were not the only ones affected by the action. Neighbors, friends, pedestrians and Facebook fans had also enjoyed the experience, thus helping us earn free exposure and WoM.
• Personal – The potential buyer was in focus. He felt special, pampered, and important. Time spent with the car increased. We managed to fight indecision.
Execution and use of media
The user target in the campaign was very specific. The ads were displayed on second-hand car website portals for only specific geo-locations, price ranges, targeted brands, car models and number of kilometers. Creative banners transmitted the following message to potential leads: “Change the perfume of your car. Nothing compares with the smell of a new car. Get yours free with 1 click. Apply now”
Users were redirected to the campaign website: http://parfumdemasinanoua.ro/ where they could subscribe to receive the new car perfume sample.
Sorting of the leads was an important challenge. We stored with the subscription form the following important data elements:
• URL of the page from where the user had arrived, so we could see his last visited page (what was the car he was looking before he subscribed to receive the free perfume sample)
• search keywords /referral website for the Google campaign
• IP and geo-location
• The media campaign ran for users located in the following cities: Cluj, Timisoara, Arad, Brasov, Prahova, Arges, Buzau and Constanta on the following websites: 4tuning.ro, auto.ro, bestauto.ro and the Google network.
Results and ROI
The media campaign generated the following:
• 2680 unique visits only through the media channels (no other channel was used to promote the website)
• 1.81% was the bounce rate of users
The campaign generated the following results:
• 874 people subscribed to get the free sample of our “Scent of a new car” perfume (32% conversion rate from the number of visits – Our target was 25%)
• 658 people were selected as relevant leads and were called by our operators for a quick phone quiz about their purchase intentions (75% of the total number of subscribed users - Our target was 50%)
Our campaign had 2 creative layers:
• Teaser stage - We delivered perfume bottles with the scent of new car fragrance in a cool, nonconformist way. A stylish package of perfume was the key visual of the communication.
• After the subscription on the campaign website, each valid lead was called by a fake courier and a delivery date and time was set with the person.
• Revealer stage - Selected leads received a big surprise: beside the branded perfume sample, an Opel car model (tailored on the budget and user-profile), accompanied by an Opel representative, was sent at their door step. Leads could enjoy the fresh smell of a new car during the test-drive done on the spot.
Opel is one of Europe’s largest automakers. Opel is conducting the largest product offensive in its history and will introduce 23 new vehicles and 13 new engines by 2016.
|printeaza articol trimite unui prieten|
Cele mai recente studii de caz
- 31 Ianuarie 2017 Anul gamification pentru Equatorial: peste 65% din cifra de afaceri în 2016 generată de proiecte de tip game-based learning
- 26 Septembrie 2016 De ce să alegi să comunici prin campanii native? Performanțele obținute de campania Zâmbet sănătos a Philips România
- 15 Mai 2016 Pași în consolidarea relației Lidl România cu clienții săi
- 12 Iunie 2014 When a mobile app can save lives
- 14 Mai 2014 Drumul Fetelor Deștepte de la Facebook la teatru